Thursday, July 7, 2011

How We Spent Our 4th

In Wyoming at Granddaddy's and then

at the hospital

Poor sweet Madeline!! We are so very thankful that she is OK. She went with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Larry, cousin Macy and Uncle Johnny to the first parade on July 3(big one was on the 4th) to ride in Uncle Johnny's mule drawn wagon. She was so excited to go by herself, the first time!! We got the call a few hours later that there had been an accident. They were rounding a corner and the mules took it too sharply and overturned the wagon. Uncle Larry was so frightened that the girls were both killed. He said he was never so happy to see 2 little girls screaming and holding their arms up. He grabbed both of them, looked back and saw that Aunt Sarah was standing and ok, Uncle Johnny was being dragged down the street by the mules, but stood up, and he took off to the hospital across the street. A sweet lady named Gina grabbed Madeline from him and stayed with her and her Granddaddy at the ER until we got there. She had severe abrasions to her face and a broken elbow. My heart broke when I got to her. She just started crying, poor baby. We were told that she needed surgery immediately due to a compound fracture right above her elbow. She and Macy both had to have head and neck CT's due to their head injuries and both came back good, thank you Lord. Needless to say we are so very thankful that she is OK and only needed surgery for a broken bone. She did very well and we really had best case scenario results, no nerve damage or growth plate problems. We got out of the hospital the next afternoon and traveled home the next day, crazy. And just in our fashion, John David threw up all night while we were in the hospital. Thank goodness Hank had gone back to his Dad's to stay with him. Totally crazy!! We got up Tuesday morning and John David threw up again so we were prepared for the worst day of travel ever!! Thank the Lord, he started feeling better an hour before we boarded the plane and we had such an easy 2 flight trip home. Really..... it was very easy..... Madeline slept alot and was very happy. We are oh so happy to be home:) By the way I forgot to add that the 3rd was Hank's birthday haha. We are going to have a redo for sure as well as another trip to Wyoming next summer, without all the hospital festivities! Trying to figure out how to attach the article from the Wyoming paper!! We are so very thankful that God had such grace and mercy upon us and spared our precious girl!

Post a Comment